Thursday 28 February 2013

Mothering Today – Changes & Challenges


Trin Trin !! Alarm rings.get up- snooze-sleep..alarm rings again. woah!! I 've slept off another 1 hr and I didn't even realise.I look at the bed.Baby and hubby happily sleeping still.Just wishing if I could join them for some more time.Hell no.I have hell lot of work to do before the kid wakes up.Because if she is up,then I don't see any work happening as we need to be after her.I mean no more happy sleep for my hubby before he goes to work, no lunch box, break fast would be Maggi( he would have dreamt of Chole bature!!) and he would reach office really late.Ah wait.. I almost forgot myself here. 
Hmm Yeah, this is what happens after a kid. When u enter into Mother hood and become a 'Mummy'!!

Really miss those days before my marriage.Wake up anytime, hot delicious mother's break fast ready for you, take your time to get ready, go to work ,text friends, hang out with them ,day dreams...huh !! sometimes it was hard to kill time.It 'WAS'i know..

Things were different after I got married 2 years back.I mean it was great to meet your Mr. Perfect.Then it was Honey moon. Fun every weekend, travel to new places, And One fine day I realise I am pregnant !!! Hang on, I don't know if I am ready.I still wanna go shopping, wear funky clothes, play shuttle and games, jump, dance ,freak out..But ?? ! Well Forget it something is making me happy! Yes, I happily went into mother hood and I now have a beautiful 9 month old daughter.Saanvi !
My day begins and ends with her.First few months I was at India my mom's place. Well I mean..err.. my place..?! I just had to look after my kid. Also enjoyed Spa treatmet at home, oil massage everyday,super ! But since my hubby was here in Singapore, we only could video chat,could not meet in person every day.
He was missing the baby's activities too. So it was time for me to return and join my hubby.Means full stop to my special treatments at mom's place.

Well it was more than a challenge for me once i returned. All alone had to manage the baby,hubby (;-)) , house hold chores !! I had to really start from the first.Organise and Prioritise.Yes there were times things didn't work, there was frustration, arguments ! My hubby is, I dont know if he is really clean himself (hope he doesn't read this!!) but he wants the house to be cleaned to perfection.. Can you please understand it is now not possible as we have a kid..! I am busy with her most of the time in the day! Yeah Thank God he is sensible enough and does really understand.He gives a helping hand many a times, baby sitting or be it house hold work. I feel it is important to communicate to each other what is really going on. Kid is continuously observing Dad and Mom.Saanvi might be just 9 months, but she understands her environment.She can already differentiate happiness and anger or be it frowning at her. If I hit at her toy, she hits back at the toy.Tries to repeat every action of mine.So how we react, what we do, our personality , how we tackle the situation does matter !Be Careful!

You get so busy with all these work, trust me we Mothers forget ourselves! I can't take food at right times,no time for exercise,no time for home facials or personal care,no time for movies,can't go to work,your career,..blah blah.. But watch it.I realised that there is time really! squeeze in sometime for yourself too wherever and whenever possible..
Eat as you cook, exercise as you watch the baby play,  Personal care when the baby goes to sleep during day time, And movies - actually you can watch it with your hubby during weekends when the baby is asleep.That way you can have some private time with your hubby too ! Ofcourse now we are Mom and Dad but dont forget, we are lovers too ! And career, you can always get back to it when ever you decide.

We Mothers face many challenges in bringing up a child. We also need to balance the married life as marriage revolves around our child. I would like to list down some simple tips which I am trying to follow.It might not be practically possible to be perfect but we should all try bcoz it is for our own happiness and peace-

MAKE TIME  - Try to manage work such that you have time for you,baby and hubby
BE GRATEFUL - Don't hesitate to Thank your hubby if he helps you ..whatever little it might be..
LISTEN - Sometimes it is best to keep opinions to yourself
LAUGH - Don't take everything so seriously.Be prepared to laugh off small stuffs.
FRIENDSHIP - Be a friend to your baby and hubby most of the times.more than being a mother / wife
PATIENCE - Finally This is a very important factor if you want to be a successful Mother and Wife !!

Kudos to all Mothers who are blessed to be a daughter , girlfriend , wife , daughter-in-law ,mother..all at the same time ! Husbands also are Son , Boyfriend , husband , son-in-law, Father, but they can't ever handle it as you do..trust me !!!






No comments:

Post a Comment